Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wilton Cake Decorating Class!

I know right?! I've always wanted to take a cake decorating class, and here I go!! It started on the 1st and is every Saturday this month from 2-4. This is Course 1. (There are four.) Last week we covered the basics - going over all the tools, making buttercream frosting, supplies we'll need, etc. I already know all the basics, but I'm just so excited to take an official class and learn the proper way to do everything. I've already learned bunches of great tips!! Took a whole page of notes my first day!  

This week was our first day decorating. We used cookie cutters for a pattern (which is a neat idea!) I had a bit of an icing fiasco right before class was started so I wasn't quite as prepared as I wanted to be. At least there's next week!

If I could do this cake over (man I wish I could) I would just do all stars and a different color for the border...like bright pink. Turned out different than I wanted. Life goes on! Next week, we're making the traditional clown cake and learning how to make roses. Woohoo!





No comments: