Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cakes by Candace, featured!

Sarah, a publisher for a website "Macaroni Kid" did a write up about my cakes in the weekly e-newsletter and the website that will continue for another week as well! My highlight is below!

On the cute site, North Sound Macaroni Kid, she highlights local happenings for kids and families in the North Sound area, also including household tips, recipes, craft ideas and etc. It's nice to able to know what's going on around town so Kristie and I can get out!

Cake! Cake! Cake!

This past week my Mom celebrated a 'milestone' birthday-Happy Birthday Mom! Normally I would have jumped at the opportunity to make her a cake but with two little boys running around, having to pack for a weekend away and organize a birthday celebration I didn't know how I was going to fit it all in!
Enter Cakes by Candace!
First, let me say I am very picky about my cakes...I like moist cakes with yummy frosting (I know, who doesn't right?). Often times store bought cakes are very disappointing-frosting tastes like ink, cake is super dry, etc. Candace baked the most delicious cake I have tasted in a very long time. Vanilla cake with creamy lemon filling, buttercream frosting and HOMEMADE marshmallow fondant-just what the birthday girl ordered! DELICIOUS! Not only was the cake beautiful but it tasted just as good as it looked. Thank you Candace for creating such an amazing cake for my Mom-it was the perfect ending to a wonderful celebration!
Next time you are in the market for an original, homemade cake that tastes as good as it looks, contact Candace. You won't be disappointed. You can check out the cake that Candace made for my Mom and other cakes by Candace athttp://www.candacebakescakes.blogspot.com/.

No comments: