Thursday, December 10, 2009

Year and a half

Wow, Kristie's 18 months old! I swear she's growing and changing every day. She just soaks things up like a sponge! 

I'd say her biggest love right now is BOOKS. The kiddo can't get enough of them! It's so stinking cute. The only bad part is trying to put the books down for bed time. Normally I read her two books before I put her down - now she wants me to read & read & read. It's cute, I put her down and say "K, pick a book out Kristie!" She'll pick her favorites and bring them to me. Soooo cute!

Her 5 favorite books are Miss Spider's Tea Party, Goodnight Moon, Rolie Polie Olie, The Very Busy Spider and Baby Einstein: My First Book of Letters. She makes me read these to her a zillion times a day. =) 

She says a handful of cute words that I can't get enough of and does many things a regular little kid does! I think I'm finally heading into the "she's really a toddler" mindset. =) 

Her 18 month appointment went well! In the last three months she's gained two pounds and grown two inches! Appointment before, she didn't grow much, so this was a relief. She's 21 pounds (12th percentile) and 31.5" long (44th percentile.) 

She also has a love for shoes - specifically our shoes. =) She begs us to put them on!



Here is a mixed video of Kristie saying some words for you! (Her "bubble" is usually more distinct. hehe.) And blowing a kiss - she is so good at blowing kisses, and giving kisses on the cheek, it just kills me! 

                                        

Another "grown up" thing Kristie does - when I put her to bed, she puts her hands behind her head (the adorable relaxed position she used to do in the bath) and puckers up, waiting for me to give her a kiss. I give her one after covering her up with her blankie, say my "love you's" and "happy dream's" and bid her goodnight. Then she quietly lays there until she falls asleep. *sigh*

2 comments:

Brooke Monk said...

What a cutie! Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by? She's adorable!

John and Trina Busch said...

So much of that melanie is doing to! what is the thing with shoes? mine, Johns, hers it doesnt matter she loves to put them on!