Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Adventures In Baby Food Making

I decided I'm going to start making Kristie's baby food to save some moolah and lets face it, for fun. Turns out it's SO much cheaper to make it yourself than to buy it at the store. Kristie goes through the baby food containers sooo fast, so it really adds up. Eeek. Here's a link to a page that shows you a chart of how you save money.  http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/cost.htm  ...Kind of interesting!

With making it on your own, you bake the fruit/vegetable and puree it. Then you freeze them in ice cube trays! When you want to feed your kiddo, you just pop some cubes out and heat it up! How fun is that? =) You can also pop them out and store them in bags in the freezer and label them all. Pictured below is what I'm making so far...squash, carrots, peaches, avocado, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes and apples. YUM! 

Scoopin' out seeds.
This was my first time using squash, so I had fun.  =)
These are the peaches. They turned out SO delicious. Baking them really brings out the flavor.
And here's Kristie just being her cute self. =)

4 comments:

Kali said...

That is so cool! Good job!

Laura said...

That looks like fun!

Cecily said...

I've always planned on making my own baby food! I'm going to have to refer to this post when my baby comes (and can start eating food)! Thanks!

Katie said...

yay you've been wanting to try that out! glad it works so well!