Monday, December 8, 2008

Utah Weekend

Dallin's performing in Hale Center Theater's "A Christmas Carol" so we all met up in UT to go see it together. (Minus Dev & Leslie...we missed you!!) It was way fun and worth the trip. The show was absolutely amazing, and Dallin was wonderful!! Jason, Kristie & I stayed at Dustin & Camilla's while we were there. It's always fun spending time with them and our nephew Thomas! The first night (Friday) we had a combined birthday party for me, Dustin & Darrin. I'm on December 1oth, Dustin's on the 11th and Darrin's on the 27th! That night we had to take a dip in the new hot tub...it was fabulous. 

Saturday was the show. We first did some shopping then met up at the theater. It was me, Jason, Dustin, Camilla, Dad, Ada, Darrin, Anna, and Grandpa Frank that went! Kristie stayed with my Aunt Linda and my cousins Danae, Ali & Stephanie since babies aren't allowed to the show. President Uchdorf was there at the show and sitting not too far back from us!! It was so cool! I went over, shook his hand and talked to him for a few seconds! I even used some of the german I learned in high school. Haha. Funny story...I said "Wie gehts?"(How are you?) And he said "Ah, sprechen sie Deutsch?" (Do you speak German?) And I said "Kleine." (Small.) I told my brother Dustin (who speaks German fluently) and he said "Wie gehts" is an informal phrase...so I basically said to a General Authority "Hey, how's it goin?!" Way to go Candace! Anyway, he's going to be speaking at Jason's graduation this weekend, so we'll get to see him again!

After Dallin's show, we went out to dinner at The Cracker Barrel...yum. We ended up having such a fun time...tons of laughs (and crying laughs!) And we couldn't leave without buying their amazing apple butter. MMMM. We had to leave the next day. All in all, a fun quick trip to Utah! 

Me & the bros in the hot tub...Dallin, Me, Darrin & Dustin.

Thomas was like "I wanna hold baby Kristie!" That was exciting, 'cause last month we were there for Darrin's wedding and he didn't want to even touch her. =)

Two cute cousins!

Grandpa Frank and I before the show started.

Darrin & Anna in their seats.

Dallin & I after the show! Too bad he wasn't wearing his awesome top hat!

Dad, Dallin & Ada

Dallin on the "A Christmas Carol" poster! (He's right in the middle.)

Grandpa playing this game to himself at the Cracker Barrel. (I thought this was so cute! He was very focused.)

No comments: